1 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon lukewarm water, refer notes
1. Add flour, yeast and salt into the bowl of your stand mixer, whisk together to combine.
2. Add olive oil and lukewarm water, stir with butter knife or a spoon, until moistened.
3. Attach bowl to the stand mixer along with the dough hook and knead on high speed for 2 minutes, until smooth.
4. Remove dough onto a counter and shape into a ball. Lightly coat the (now empty) bowl with olive oil on all sides. Place dough back into the bowl and turn it around, so it coats with oil on all sides. Cover bowl tightly with a clean kitchen towel and place in the warmest spot of your kitchen for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
(During cooler days, I adopt to the oven method to rise the dough : Set the oven temperature to 170 degrees F (or the lowest that your oven can go to). As soon as the oven begins to heat, let it warm up for 20-30 seconds (don’t let it go to 100 degrees). Turn the oven off and place the bowl inside and let rise until doubled. If the oven reaches 100 degrees or higher, leave the oven door open for a few seconds to cool it down a touch before keeping the dough).
5. Use pizza dough in your favorite recipe.
Makes dough for 2 medium size pizzas
Luke warm water is 105F – 115F. An easy way to check without a thermometer- sprinkle few drops of water on the inside of your wrist. It should neither feel hot nor cold.