No butter. No oil. An amazingly healthier versions of chocolate muffins! They’re perfectly moist, chocolatey, delicious and so impressive. The ultimate avocado-chocolate treat!
It’s been 5 days since I posted an avocado recipe 😳
So, lets continue
Avocado and chocolate
Yum and yes, please!
No mixers required.
Here’s how this easy muffin works:
Whisk all dry ingredients. Melt chocolate in another bowl, mix in all other wet ingredients, then followed by dry. Stir in more chocolate chips. Transfer to pan, bake.
Will take care of that chocolate craving real good!!!
Not much guilt.
Skill level – Intermediate
Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Avocado Muffins
1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour, scooped and leveled
1/2 cup sugar, scooped and leveled
2 tablespoons cocoa powder, scooped and leveled
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (3/4 cup) , divided
1/2 cup mashed ripe avocado, about 1 medium
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Place oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line 8 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another medium microwavable bowl, add 3 ounces (1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons) chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
4. Remove from microwave and whisk in mashed avocado, until completely smooth. Add greek yogurt, egg and vanilla extract, whisk until smooth again. Then add flour-sugar mixture and whisk until smooth. Stir in remaining 2 ounces (1/4 cup) chocolate chips.
5. Divide batter between the 8 muffin cups.
6. Bake for 21-24 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes clean (Don’t let it over bake).
7. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 8 muffins