Made with 6 wholesome ingredients, these ridiculously healthy cookies are my easy solution when a cookie craving strikes!
I love cookies
And anything sweet
‘Tis bikini season
So, a cookie that is sweet and chewy, yet out-and-out healthy
-I used soft Medjool dates. But, if you are using the firmer Noor variety then, soak dates in hot tap water for about 15 minutes, discard water and use in recipe.
On a side note, you might also love Ridiculously Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Skill level – Intermediate
Ridiculously Healthy Carrot & Oat Cookies
1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped into big chunks
3 large pitted dates, refer notes
1 medium banana, very ripe
1 cup old fashion oats
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a food processor, add carrots and dates, process for few seconds until finely chopped (refer pictures).
3. Add remaining ingredients ( banana, oats, walnuts and cinnamon) and pulse about 5 times, until combined.
4. Transfer dough into a bowl, stir well with a spatula to combine well.
5. Make about 2 tablepoons measure balls and place on the prepared baking sheet (spacing evenly apart). Using your hands, gently pat into 2-inch discs.
6. Place baking sheet in the middle rack on the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until deep golden on top.
7. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 14 cookies
Don’t forget to Pin this image!